To start in roughly chronological order, Roatan was amazing!!
The wildlife:
A crab in a tube sponge

Me with sharks (how's that for totally awesome?!?), and some crazy little fish playing in my bubbles

The baby drum fish were really cool, even smaller than the palm of my hand. This one was already getting mature (i.e. uglier), so picture it will an even smaller body and even longer, wispier fins.

The tube sponge were amazing. This variety grew really big - it's hard to tell, but at least 3 grown adults could sit inside this thing

Me holding a baby monkey

We swam with wild dolphins!! (That's Phil, my instructor, upside down in the background.) There were probably 8 or 10 dolphins, and right before they swam away, one of them swam up face-to-face with me, nodded, and than disappeared!

I loved the blinnies - this one's hole is probably about the size of a pencil eraser, so picture how big he is. They just sit in the holes peering out and if you hold a finger in front of them, they'll come and attack it (how's that for fearless?)

The friendliness animals however were the no-see-ums (I still have spots that itch and it's been more than 2 months!). Also, the densest red patches (on my right ankle) is actually a coral burn

The people:
Me with my fearless and patient instructor, Phil

On the boat with my awesome roommate Cori (notice the resort in the background, we'd just pulled out to head for a dive)

Enjoying the good life (with my free drink - soda pop you can get in the US - who ever heard of a bar that wouldn't do virgin drinks?!)

Underwater!! (goggles are definitely not the most attractive accessory)

Me sitting on the porch of our room

On the way home, I took a few day layover and visited Jamie and Mark in Atlanta (turns out it was just in time as they've now moved on, but the visit was a blast!!)


Next major adventure was Margaret's wedding
The guy has an abundance of family - there's six of us and the rest are his (see if you can find his twin - sort of like Where's Waldo)

The happy couple (FYI Brett's cold, not annoyed, but I think Margaret looks really beautiful in this one)

My and mommy's gifts (she made the bed, I made the quilt)

The handsomest man at any party

And now, the interesting sequence of bouquet events:
The set up (notice the bride looking all innocent, like she doesn't know what she's about to do)

The catch (see if you can zoom in on Margaret's and my faces)

The attack (not sure why I ran across the room and grabbed her)

The effect (we were both laughing so hard it was hard to breath)

The resolution (we made up)

And finally, my New Years Eve/Day project was to paint the kitchen blue, and I LOVE IT!!
Before (sorry it's hard to see - this was taken a few month ago, note the weather, but I didn't think to take an actual 'before' picture)

During (notice the rose bouquet that I had caught just a few days earlier)

More during

And after (I also bought new blinds, but since it was back lit this morning when I took the pictures, it's hard to see them - they too make me extraordinarily happy)

And a few more random pictures:
I supposed I gotta have at least a few Christmas pictures, right? (notice Marky sporting a moustache!!)

Benson opening sippie cups that I'd gotten as a white elephant gift (I think the expression is supposed to mean "Hey, this is really cool, you're the best aunt in the whole wide world!")

And again, but this time he's swimming at his other grandparent's house in Florida (they went to visit after Christmas and the wedding were over)

Here's my branch on a cross country ski trip

and my new favorite person (discovered at the cross country ski trip)

Daddy (with mom's new dog) walking off into a gorgeous Idaho sunset (PS, this a few months ago - right now, everything is not coated in a thick crusty layer of this white stuff)

And in conclusion, who couldn't love a face full of grandma's chocolate cake?

Hope you're all doing well!!!
4 comments:
whoa! overload. i love it!
so margaret is a beautiful bride- oh my word! what a great wedding- i love that she looks so happy!!! (and you are a beautiful sister, too, by the way!)
benson IS the cutest child on the planet (besides my own). so cute!!!
that is a cute boy- yes, indeed.
i love your kitchen color!!! not the blue i had thought it was and i really like it!!!
Yay, you painted! I like it. I so wish I could paint! Oh, well, we won't be in military housing forever. Margaret does look beautiful, and the snow didn't even mess up the picture really. Which reminds me, I really must send the wedding gift. Gah, I'm such a procrastinator....
I love your kitchen, and Margaret looks absolutely beautiful. You've had a crazy few months!
Hi Sarah!
Rob and I FINALLY made it to your blog. Of course, I loved the Benson pictures (who wouldn't?) and it was nice to get a run down of your trip...I'd not see the picture of you with the monkey!
Oh, by the way we're blogging now too. Mine (which is really Benson's) is http://spoiledbygrandma.blogspot.com
Post a Comment