This afternoon I came home from work and spent an hour and a half raking the grass, cleaning up leaves, and pulling weeds. I'm not historically a yard-work girl, but this was quite enjoyable. I spent most of the time figuring out the best way to phrase a joke about the fact that I didn't get my money's worth out of my rake before it broke. My next foray into yard work will have to start with reattaching the handle to my rake.
In addition to finding out that $4 isn't always a good deal, I discovered crocuses in my yard! Though Kyle, who I so excitedly informed about this fact, thought that crocuses were a bad thing, I'm please to inform you that what I found was little yellow and purple flowers in my front yard. I love my yard, partially because it hasn't been too much work (yet), but even more because it's a like a present that keeps on giving. The people before the people I bought from were garden-type people and there's all sorts of plants (flowers, trees, etc) that have yet to bloom and grow foliage. There's bushes and trees and beds that contained dried up plants/flowers. I'm don't yet know what they're going to look like (color, shape, etc), and I'm excited to see what it the place looks like. If the past few weeks are any indication, it may be a variegated landscape of constant change.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
too funny...i'm glad the pre-families left you some nice yard adornments! have a good time and when you've finished, run up here to beautify my yard!!!
Post a Comment