Saturday, September 02, 2006

further proof that work is good

well i skipped the roadtrip and it seems good that i did. days off, it seems, do not agree with me because i caught myself a little cold. you know, 'caught' seems like a funny verb for that context, usually you catch things that you want, not things like a stuffy nose. 'course i guess you can 'get caught' in things you aren't necessarily desiring. hear ye, hear ye, i hereby propose a semantic shift from "catching a cold" to "getting caught in a cold." another option would be for me to just stop taking days off of work, then there'd be no catching or caughting anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh, so true. I have a 21 month old and while I love him dearly, traveling fills me with dread. I am determined to take him somewhere, though, next time Alex deploys. (And I DO remember you, Jen - and that horrible Spanish teacher; yikes, that's gonna give me nightmares tonight.)
I remember when finals were finally over; I always got sick. However, do NOT quit taking days off work, you goose. It won't solve the problem. I recently read this horribly story about Chinese workers. They overwork them in China so bad that many of them just bring in their mattresses to sleep. It's gotten so bad that people are actually dying from it. So don't do this!! Breaks are good.

Anonymous said...

"Horribly" Muhahaha, my English professors would be so appalled at me.