Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Higher education

With this philosophy, maybe I should go back and be a college professor...




I saw this in my Nuclear Engineering class last night. Does it weird out anyone else that college professors are now showing YouTube videos as part of their courses? From my perception, this strange tendency falls in with the movements to institutionalize Wikipedia as a valid source and to convince entire populations that emoticons are a legitimate part of the English language. The success of these movements is making me start to feel very out of date. On the other hand, getting an awesome video like this from what I expected to be a very formal setting is starting to win me over.


Bring on the revolution in higher education -
I'm ready to join the masses :-)



1 comment:

ChrisG said...

Love it!!!

But wait, are you saying that Wikipedia is NOT a valid source of information? Blasphemy! :)

That does remind me of my experience with posting stuff online, though. I've got all of my course materials online for a class I teach once a year, and an extremely lame work-related blog, and both of those manage to get me emails from people all over the world asking for my help. Post something and suddenly you're an expert...