He was 21 in 1944,I like my job - I work so hard at it because I feel like it's a place I feel I can really make a difference in the lives and experiences of those around me - but it can't be the entirety of my interaction with the world. Being with people who appreciate me and like me (it's been a long time since I've been kissed by someone who has a last name other than Fitch) helped me remember that I can (and should) also ask something of the world for myself. I knew I buried myself in work as a protection for myself, but it was a new realization that it was also a way of shortchanging my own experience. If I don't make the world give me something, my own contribution becomes more and more narrow until I'm not using the full spectrum of my abilities. Basically, I'm once again going to look for ways to take life by the horns and make it give me what I want, so when I answer the question how am I repaying the people who laid foundations for me, it will be the most full answer I can come up with - not just the contributions that fell into my lap.
He was hope, and he was courage on a lonely shore.
Sent there by a mother with love beyond her tears,
Just a young American who chose to rise above his fears.
And as I watch him struggle up that hill, without a thought of turning back,
I cannot help but wonder:
What did he die for, when he died for you and me,
Made the sacrifice so that we could all be free?
I believe we will answer each to heaven
For the way we spend our priceless liberty -
Look inside and ask a question, what did he die for, when he died for me?
To the darkest day in AD 33,
Came the mercy and compassion of eternity.
Sent there by a Father with love beyond His tears,
The blameless one, the only Son, to bear the guilt of all the years.
And as I watch Him struggle up that hill, without a thought of turning back,
I cannot help but wonder:
What did He die for, when He died for you and me,
Made the sacrifice so that we could all be free?
I believe we will answer each to heaven
For the way we spend our priceless liberty -
Look inside and ask a question, what did he die for?
He died for freedom. He died for love.
And all the things we do to pay Him back will never be enough.
What did He die for when He died for you and me,
Made the sacrifice so that we could all be free?
I believe we will answer each to heaven
For the way we spend our priceless liberty -
Look inside and ask a question, what did he die for, when he died for me?
Is this too esoteric for anyone else to understand? Maybe posting after 16 hours of traveling wasn't the best idea - but you have to start somewhere, right?
2 comments:
Welcome back. I'm glad I checked to see if you'd updates. (I've always been disappointed whenever I did check for the last six months or so...) So I want to here more about this "being kissed by someone that doesn't have the last name fitch". Which I might add is not entirely true because that isn't my last name. LOVE YOU BIG SISTER!
I like it! I think I'll take that challenge too. Thanks!
Post a Comment